Cost of Liposuction
The cost of liposuction is determined by a number of factors. These include the type of treatment, duration of the procedure depending on the volume of fat, doctor’s experience and the area of body being treated. The costs typically include doctor’s fee, cost of anesthesia and the cost of the facility depending upon the duration of usage.
For patients in USA, a general price guide including all above dues is as under:-
- Liposuction in any one body part costs about $4000.
- In case you are looking for liposuction in three body areas, the cost will range from $6000 to $8000.
- The cost of liposuction for any five areas of body may rise to $11000.
An ideal candidate for liposuction should be healthy and not more than 20 lbs. overweight. He or she should have a stable weight and firm, elastic skin because the skin has to shrink after the procedure. It must be understood that liposuction is for improving the outlook as it targets only small pocket of fat on your body and must not be considered a tool for weight loss. In case a person is suffering from any physical condition, liposuction is not to be carried out.
Like all surgical procedures, there is always a risk associated with liposuction and it is mostly dependent on your physical health and the body area being treated. Following are a few of the complications that must be considered beforehand:-
- The procedure is performed under anesthesia so it may cause anesthetic complications
- Hematoma (creation of a blood clot) and pulmonary embolism (blockage because of travel of clot to lungs)
- Infection, scarring and discoloration of skin
- Collection of fluid under skin, wrinkles, skin numbness
The recovery time depends upon the volume of fat removed, type of liposuction performed and the skill of the surgeon. In case of large scale removal of fat, recovery involves a night stay at the hospital. Moderate pain after the procedure is common and the individuals have to wear a shaping garment over the treated area. Swellings generally go away after a week of surgery but your activities remain restricted in accordance with doctor’s advice.
Liposuction is effective in removing body fat from selective body areas and should never be considered as a weight loss measure. The cost of liposuction varies according to the degree of treatment required and the intended effects.